Recently i encountered a rather weird problem when programming a report in SAS. All my danish letters æ,ø,å had changed into weird symbols. While I had similar problems in other programs like R and LaTeX I never experienced any problems with SAS. After hours of debugging I realized that the problem was with the encoding differences between SAS and Sublime Text. The problem was occured because I combined programs written in SAS which uses
Western (Windows 1252) as encoding and SAS which uses
The solution was then to save the file with
Western (Windows 1252) as encoding and then search and replace all my encoding errors.
To avoid similar problems in the future, I open my
sas-sublime-settings file and added
"default_encoding": "Western (Windows 1252)"
If you ever wonder if you have the correct encoding you can open up the console in sublime and type `view.encoding()